Bloodstained Sequel: Thoughts, ideas, QUESTIONS Feb 6, 2019 2:39:25 GMT -6
Post by Pure Miriam on Feb 6, 2019 2:39:25 GMT -6
To reach this, it was a long ride
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night will be released in 2019. This was a long ride, with ups and downs, but with the game already rated by ESRB and mostly complete, in process of bug smashing and refining, it is just a matter of time now.
IGA has said before that he would like to make a sequel, that he intend for Bloodstained to turn into a franchise and, once, he said that they planned "two more games", as illusive as that answer may be. We all know that Indie Games is not something easy to turn into sequels, and the last attempts from big names of the gaming industry didn't got it right completely. We also know that Bloodstained already suffered serious backlash due to delays and some questionable moves, but the game is still considered among the most antecipated games of this year and several people still hopes it is going to be a great game.
IGA has said he want to make sequels and a franchise but said that all that depends mostly on how the game will sell and if it will be a sucessful game.
Let's consider, for a moment, that the game was released and it was a great game, with enough selling to make a sequel. HOW wold you like for that to happen? From the most detailed aspects to the more generic ones.
I did a thread a bit like this one, years ago. It's time to renew it.
Answer the questions BELOW!
1) Would you agree and/or contribute to a new Kickstarter for a Bloodstained sequel?
2) How much would you consider to be "fair" as a goal if Bloodstained sequel required a Kickstarter?
3) Would you like if Bloodstained followed a consistent timeline (with each game happening after the other one) a convoluted timeline (like Castlevania, where games was released at different centuries and years) or a meta-like timeline (where each game happens at it's own universe, sharing common elements, like most Final Fantasy games) or some other way?
4) Would you like to see any character from Ritual of the Night, in the direct sequel of Bloodstained? Who? Why?
5) Would you prefer if Bloodstained Sequel followed 2.5D like Ritual of the Night, or something else? (Such as 2D sprite graphics, or a complete 3D gameplay)?
6) Along the years, Igavania games tried to update or change the usual formula. While Symphony of the Night and Harmony of Dissonance, Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow had mostly the same overall idea (Metroidvania gameplay inside a huge castle / fortress-look-a-like) some other games tried something new (Portrait of Ruin had portraits that teleported you to other scenarios, Order of Ecclesia had regions separated from the main castle). Ritual of the Night seems to have followed mostly the classic SOTN formula, with (as of now). Would you like if Bloodstained sequel followed the same formula, or tried something new like PoR and OoE tried? (or something else).
7) Main character. Male or female? A single character or multiple characters (like Portrait of Ruin)?
8) IGA has stated before that Soul Dominance was the best magic system his team ever created and he wanted to use it again, or variations of it (that's one reason of why Dawn of Sorrow and Order of Ecclesia exists). Bloodstained has the Shardbinder, that is a updated version of Soul Dominance. For a Bloodstained Sequel, would you like if the main character had a magic system following the same premise? (stealing something from enemies and using that as powers) or something completely different? What?
9) Standard EXP and level, like most Igavanias, or some other kind of leveling system? (Like Lamment of Innocence, that ddn't had level nor EXP, but itens to upgrade Leon Health and Hearts)
10) Anything else you would like to add for a Bloodstained Sequel?
That's all folks!